Moultrie and South Georgia Forum

WELCOME to the official forum for Moultrie and South Georgia since 2007. We are happy to have you join in.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Po Boy's.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Number of posts : 4156
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Po Boy's.....   Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:29 pm

I remember a few years ago eating place across from where Dollar General is in Doerun, called Po' Boy's or something like that. I use to really like that place.

I stopped one day and got something to go and would from time to time drive all the way to Doerun to get something there.

Then one day it closed. What happened to that place?
Back to top Go down
http://moultrietalks.nicetopics.com
goob
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Number of posts : 1167

PostSubject: Re: Po Boy's.....   Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:35 pm

i really don't know admin. the guy that ran it back then (charlie) just died a few weeks ago. several people have opened it since charlie but did not last long. it is part of mcclains tire store now.
Back to top Go down
Admin
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

PostSubject: Re: Po Boy's.....   Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:24 pm

That's a shame.
Back to top Go down
J-FuR
100 Posts
100 Posts

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Po Boy's.....   Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:47 pm

It was Po Man's and it belonged to my mom and former step-dad. BTW, my mom ran it and Charlie took all the credit.

We had to close it because we were no longer generating enough profit to keep it open. The rent was too much for that dump of a building and because of the construction and all the windows in the front, the electric bill was terrible, especially during the summer. It was like being in an oven.

We also owned Po Man's II in Camilla and the Econfina River restaurant. It was expensive to run all three places.

Also, my mom got to the point where she was no longer able to work due to physical health, so we eventually had to close doors.

I believe that was a different Charlie that died, possibly the one that owned Charlie's Pig Out, as my former step-dad moved to the Phillipines after my mom died in 2009.
Back to top Go down
Admin
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

PostSubject: Re: Po Boy's.....   Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:54 pm

I sure did enjoy that place. So much so that I would drive from Moultrie just to get me a plate.
Back to top Go down
goob
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Number of posts : 1167

PostSubject: Re: Po Boy's.....   Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:01 pm

charles smith of the charlies pigout died several years ago. i hope i am wrong but i thought charles from po-boys died a few months ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Po Boy's.....   

Back to top Go down

Po Boy's.....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moultrie and South Georgia Forum :: Doerun-
Jump to: